❤Location: Arizona, USA
❤Occupation: Remote work
❤Hair/Eyes: Dark Brown/Brown
❤First discovered Gyaru/Gal?
Around 2010 when I was really into cosplay and looking up stuff for Lolita. Maybe even before then I was exposed to gal without even knowing it since I watched a lot of anime and played just as many video games. It was also back when there were a ton of bloggers so I'm sure I found some that way too.
❤Who are your gyaru model inspirations?
Please forgive me for not knowing everyone's names and whether some of them are models or not. I'm so terrible with remembering a lot of their names Www If anyone knows please let me know in the comments!
Alice in Gyaruland
❤What's the first thing you notice when you look at a gyaru?
❤What is your gyaru substyle?
My main is definitely surf-kei and Amekaji. But I love to experiment still.
❤What do you wear most often?
Mostly surf-kei but I have other items for Tsuyome, Himekaji and Manba that I need to get into again.
❤Where do you like to shop?
Mostly online with the occasional stop at F21/Rue21, Ross, etc.
❤What do you think is essential for a good look?
Having a gal base. i.e. make according to style you're going for, hair, etc.
❤What is/are the next thing(s) you plan to buy?
More wardrobe pieces and magazines...
❤Would you wear clothes that are not in fashion?
I'm an oldschool gal. There are no gal brands in fashion anymore. So yes Ww
❤What makeup do you wear?
Mostly NYX, L.A. Colors, L.A. Girl, BH Cosmetics and Colourpop.
❤What's your favorite style of makeup?
Ever since I used the tutorial Andy posted on her blog, it's my go to. It's pretty similar to Kanako's and it works with any style I do. Plus I can do it lighter or heavier.
❤What is your favorite accessory?
My giant earrings. Since I go from surf-kei to Haady, they complete my looks.
❤Favorite gyaru magz?
EGG, old Popteen and a few other ones I have downloaded.
❤Favorite non-gyaru magz?
I really don't get any magazines outside of gal ones anymore. When I lived in NY I would go to the local Kinokuniya and get other Japanese ones but it was mostly if they had any relation to gal at all Www
❤Favorite gyaru looks (mag and non-mag)?
There's a lot so I'll do a handful Www...
❤What're your gyaru achievements?
I can officially say I have purchased my first "gal" phone, my first AB coat and my overall look has improved quite a bit. I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.
❤What're your top gyaru goals?
I just want to be a good all around gal - looks and lifestyle. Eventually I would like this blog to become something more complete with all sorts of fun looks, outings and more.
❤What advice would you give to a beginner?
- Do gal for fun not for clout. The harsh truth is there is no special trophy and you may or may not be found by a major brand. There is no guarantee. So just find what you love, have fun and just enjoy being gal.
- Do research. There are tons of resources to learn how to do gal from the old days and today. It might be an unpopular opinion but throwing on something and not having even the base of gal doesn't make it gal. Gal has a ton of different substyles to choose from. Find a style you love and try it out. Find tutorials, blogs, magazine scans, etc. You can do it!
- Don't scalp and try not to hoard if you can. You end up wasting money you spent and all it's going to do is sit there. That just adds unnecessary stress.
- Don't get discouraged and keep going. Not everyone will be nice and will try to get you to quit gal. Just do your best and know who your friends are. The ones that matter will push you along and stay by your side.
- Don't feel you're not "gal enough" if you're not part of a group or you don't have brands. You can do and be gal even with western brands so long as you get the look down.
- Probably another unpopular opinion but...Nothing wrong with concrit especially if you're not happy with your current level. It used to be super harsh but at least it got people to try or improve. If you really love something you will put the effort in it and even though there are times where you'll fail, you will keep going.
- And 1000% anyone can be gal. No argument at all. ANYONE CAN BE GAL.